Today I wanted to share with you a card I had a lot of fun making. I call it “How I Love Thee” because of the quote that I stamped on it from Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Valentines or romantic cards are more of a challenge for me usually. But I decided once again I would take up that challenge and see if I couldn’t come up with something of my own.
Supplies I used were
- White card stock for base
- Other Card Stock used was Chocolate Mocha and Vanilla Cream from core’dinations neutral pack and Opal Pearl which is also a core’dinations product.
- Arianna Lace Die from Heartfelt Creations
- Hardwood Stamp from Stampin Up
- Sentiment Stamp is from Fiskers, Just Married Stamp set
- Ink, Espresso from Momento
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Barn Red
- Burlap Ribbon with Red Hearts
- Red Grosgrain Ribbon
- White Brads
The few details that helped pull the card together were using the glimmer mist on the back ground and the on the two banners. It helped even out the color scheme of the whole card. Cutting out the heart from the ribbon and pairing it together with the Arianna Lace die-cut helped finish and bring everything together. Those were additions to the card after it had been laying around on my crafting table with a pretty incomplete look. I also wanted to mention the white lace you see in the background is a cupcake holder but I think a doily or some other lace could easily take its place.
I hope this card is inspires you and gets your imagination going. If you have any questions please feel free to drop a comment below.